RECOGIZING IMPORTANCE OF INFORMATION PRIVACY
We recognize the importance of protecting personal information in accordance with Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (Act 26 of 2012) and any other applicable local personal data protection laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines or guidance notes as may be issued from time to time (as the case may be) (“Privacy Laws”). In collecting and handling personal information, we are bound by the Privacy Laws, including the personal data protection principles/ obligations in Singapore and applicable privacy regulations.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect personal information about you including, but not limited to your name, address, phone number, email, gender, occupation, personal interests and any other information provided.
If you choose not to furnish any mandatory personal data requested or wish to withdraw your consent or significantly limit the processing of your personal data, you agree that (notwithstanding any agreement between you and us) we may not be able to provide you with our services and products.
We may also collect non-personal information about you including, but not limited to, data relating to your activities on the Website via tracking technologies such as cookies, web beacons and measurement software or data relating to survey responses. You acknowledge that the personal information you provide us and which we collect from you, is your own information or information which you have been authorized to provide to us.
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
We may collect personal information about you from various sources including, but not limited to:
- registering to use the Website or parts of them through your account on the Website;
- logging in to use our Website via your social networking site (“SNS“) account;
- subscribing to receive Alerts, newsletters, softcopy documents and filling in forms, applications surveys or research, participating in promotions and competitions on the Website or websites of our business partners and service providers;
- contacting us, our business partners or our service providers for any reason including, but not limited to, reporting a problem with the Website, requesting further services or seeking our assistance;
- posting or contributing material on our Website;
- by disclosing the information to debt collection agencies to recover any amounts you owe us; and
- applying for an employment opportunity with us directly, via job portals, job agencies or through your nominated referees.
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED
More specifically, we may use personal information which it has collected to:
- ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- provide a better or more relevant service or product to you;
- personalize and customize your services, experience, advertising and content that you view and engage with on the Website or the websites of our service providers and business partners;
- respond to or provide you with service, products, information and assistance that you request from us;
- contact you to conduct surveys, research and feedback about our products, services or the Website;
- verify your identity when you register or log into our Website via your account and remind you of your password and username;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- help carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- notify you about changes to our products and services; and
- use your personal information in direct marketing and/or provide your personal information to another person for gain and/or for use by that person in direct marketing as set out in the USING AND DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR MARKETING PURPOSES section below.
If you submit personal information to us in relation to an employment opportunity with us, we may also use your personal information to:
- consider you for the position for which you have submitted your personal information to us or any other positions that are or become available in the future;
- respond to you in relation to any future application you make for an employment opportunity with us; and
- contact your referees in order to collect the information you have consented to us collecting about you in order to consider you for employment opportunities with us.
USING AND DISCLOSING PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR MARKETING PURPOSES
- use your personal information (ie. your name, residential address, mobile phone number, residential phone number and email address) to provide you with information about offers, promotions, goods or services and for direct marketing real estate, investment and/or financial products/ services (and we may not so use your personal information unless we have received your consent), which we believe may be of interest to you; and
- provide your personal information (including your name, residential address, mobile phone number, residential phone number and email address) to our partners including but not limited to (i) financial, real estate, health and education service providers that have listings or advertising on our Website and which you have requested information from by submitting an enquiry; and (ii) our service providers (so that they can provide you with products or services on our behalf or products or services that you have requested directly from them (and we may not so provide the data unless we have received your written consent to the intended provision); and
- share your information (ie. your name, residential address, mobile phone number, residential phone number and email address), our service providers and other third parties (who are our clients or partners) so that they can provide you with products or services on our behalf or help us to provide you with the requested products or services including contacting you in relation to the products or services.
We may not so use your personal information for direct marketing or share your information with others for direct marketing unless we have received your consent. Further, we will give you the opportunity to request that your information not be used for further direct marketing in the future in our communications with you.
WHO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO
We may disclose personal information to service providers or business partners. We may also disclose your personal information:
- to our service providers or business partners that have listings or advertising on our Website and which you have requested information from by submitting an enquiry;
- to our service providers or business partners so that they can provide you with products or services on our behalf or products or services that you have requested directly from them, or to help us to provide you with our products or services;
- to third parties where you have requested information, services or products from them;
- in conjunction with a sale or similar transfer of a business;
- relevant public, government or regulatory authorities, our legal representatives or other concerned parties, in special situations where we have reason to believe that disclosing your personal information is necessary to help identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities; and
- where we are otherwise authorised or required by law to do so.
DISCLOSURE AND STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE
Personal information submitted to our Website are held on servers located Singapore. We transfer data outside of your country of residence to our service providers in order to obtain secure storage, back-up and data retrieval services and to provide services. We have implemented policies and procedures to safeguard the secure storage and processing of data with its related companies and has verified the security arrangements of its outsourced data processors. When you provide us with your personal information you give us your consent to store your personal information outside of your country of residence for the purposes described above. Where we have obtained your consent or taken other measures to do so, we may also share your personal information with our service providers and other third parties (who are our clients or business partners) located outside your country of residence in accordance with the Privacy Laws so that they can provide you with any products or services requested by you, including contacting you in relation to the products or services.
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information we collect. We have established safeguards and use reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Our employees, contractors, agents and service providers who provide services related to our information systems, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. We review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
CORRECTION AND ACCESS
We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep accurate and up to date, any information which we hold about you. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect or you would like to review and confirm the accuracy of your personal information, you can contact us. You can also gain access to the personal information we hold about you, subject to certain exceptions provided for by law. To request access to your personal information, please contact us. You can also notify us to limit the processing or to cease processing of your personal information. To exercise this right, please contact us.
We are committed to providing its customers with a fair and responsible system for the handling of complaints. If at any time you have any concerns, complaints or questions in relation to your privacy, please contact us here so that we may resolve your concerns. Our Privacy Officer will consider your query and endeavour to respond to you promptly.
For more information about privacy issues and protecting your privacy in Singapore, please visit the Personal Data Protection Commission’s website.
COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
We may combine our cookies, information collected through the cookies and web beacons on the Website with other information (including information collected by third parties using their own cookies and web beacons and providing our cookies and information to third parties) and use analytics services – to provide better or more relevant services and advertising to you on the Website and our websites. Our service providers and other third parties may do the same in order to provide more relevant services and advertising to you through other websites that you may visit.
APPLICATIONS, WIDGETS OR LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES